Monday, May 4, 2009

Bags galore

I have a confession to make here. I'm a bag addict. Yeah, it's become a problem now. I have so many now that I can barely keep count, but it's not just any kind of bag oh no. I like shopping bags for my groceries, library books, etc. I love purses too, but shopping bags hold a special place in my heart.

It all started a while back when San Francisco banned plastic bags in our city. I ended up buying a set of Baggu bags like the ones pictures below, because I'm not a fan of paper bags especially when they get soggy in the rain. Well after that first set of bags I was sold. I never realized how convenient it was to have reusable bags. Here's why I love them aside from the fact that they're environmentally friendly:
  • I don't have to throw out the extra plastic or paper bags from the store
  • So sturdier than a flimsy plastic bag
  • I have something to help me tote home my impulse purchase of cheese from the corner shop or haul home my library books.
  • Some grocery stores give you a bag credit for bringing your own bag anywhere from $0.02 to $0.05 and over the lifetime of your bag that adds up
  • Much prettier than a plastic or paper bag


What I look for in my reusable bags are a couple of qualities:

  • The ability to be carried over the shoulder
  • Fold able and the smaller the better
  • Washable
Here's my favorites and where to get them:



Baggu Bags


Blue Avocado Gro multi-use bag




Feed 100 Bag


No comments:

Post a Comment